MOSS activities are adventurous and purposefully challenging. By expanding your limits, we gain physical and mental strength and learn to trust God in a unique way.
Intentionally subjecting yourself to experiences that stretch you causes growth in body, mind and spirit. Physical challenges can be transformed to symbolize real-life difficulties and solution skills can be acquired. By achieving a goal in the outdoors such as hiking a difficult peak or kayaking beyond what your perceived limit was; strength can be drawn into your everyday life.
Outdoor activities are also a tremendous opportunity to connect with other people. The material items that usually define us, our homes, cars, and jobs are largely marginalized. Wilderness areas are great places to disconnect from our electronic devices and reconnect with people.
- Glacier Bay, Alaska - Sea Kayaking Trip
- Shenandoah National Park - Backpacking Weekend
- Old Rag Mountain - Hikes
- C&O Canal National Park - Biking
- Appalachian Trail - Section Hikes
- Shenandoah River - Canoe Trip
- Blackwater Falls State Park, WV - Cross Country Skiing
- Shepherdstown, WV - Caving
Photography provided by Peter Paul Petretta